What to do when you spot mold
If you have mold in your property call SERVPRO of Talbot/Dorchester.
When mold is first visible,do not disturb it. Mold can spread throughout your property and become airborne due to it releasing microscopic spores.
Here are things that you can do:
- Stay away from all affected area until a professional has scoped out your property.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans in all areas.
- Contact SERVPRO to come a re mediate your mold.
Here are things you should not do:
- Do not spray bleach or any other solutions on affected areas before SERVPRO takes a look at your mold.
- Do not turn air or fans on because it will circulate the spores onto your contents and areas that aren't affected.
- Do not touch or disturb the mold.
To get more information and become more knowledgeable about what to do and what needs to be done for your mold, please call SERVPRO today! 410-822-6442
Crime Scene Cleanup
One of the hardest times in peoples lives can get even harder when you need to figure out how to clean up a crime scene. The questions is, how do you even go about trying to look into who to call and what the process is to get atleast your property back to normal.
SERVPRO of Talbot/Dorchester is a remediation company. A lot of people know us for doing water, fire, and mold restoration. We also do bio clean ups.
We know it is difficult to pick the phone up and ask for a crime scene cleanup. Our professional office staff are here for you 24/7 to help you with your services.
No matter what your disaster is, SERVPRO makes it "Like it never even happened."
Call SERVPRO of Talbot/Dorchester
Meet the crew
Meet the Crew of our three SERVPRO franchises!
Our knowledgeable crew is staffed with Production Managers, Crew Chiefs, and Technicians that are highly trained and has the skills to provided the best SERVPRO job we can provided to any disaster.
SERVPRO is a company that provides services for the following services:
- Water Restoration
- Fire Restoration
- Mold Restoration
- Duct cleaning
- Carpet cleaning
- Dryer vent cleaning
- General cleaning
To get an estimate or to schedule for one of our knowledgeable crews to service you, please call now!
SERVPRO of Talbot/Dorchester 410-822-6442
Winterizing your home
The cool, crisp days of fall are officially upon us, and with winter just around the corner, it’s time to put the memories of pool parties, backyard barbecues, and late-night summer soirées in the rearview mirror. But that doesn’t mean we have to swear off spending time outdoors until spring. With just a few adjustments, your alfresco space can get as much foot traffic as the rest of the home during the colder months.
1. Rearrange furniture
2. Opt for a muted color palette
3. Add accessories
4. Replace plants
5. Use a mix of materials
6. Invest in high-quality furniture that will last
7. Consider a larger-scale design projectCall your Franchise Professionals today. At SERVPRO of the Talbot/Dorchester, we make it "Like it never even happened." 410-822-6442
Have you had your duct work cleaned this year?
Duct cleaning is a simple solution to control the indoor air pollution that is with in your household or commercial business. Cleaning your ducts involves generally cleaning inside of all of your cooling and heating systems vents and returns that exchange the air in and out of the inside of your property. Over the months of dust, pollen or other debris, they begin to pile up and stick to the sides of all the HVAC work throughout your property causing over time, your air to be polluted.
Although, microbial growth can not growth directly onto the inside of your duct system, microbial growth can attach itself to the dust, pollen, or debris within. When microbial growth takes over your HVAC system it can turn into disaster cause it to go airborne into your house and potentially cause damage to the inside of your property such as;
- Growth on your contents, such as your clothes and furniture.
- Growth spreading on the outside of your registers.
- Growth going as far as being spread to any porous material like drywall and partial board.
Being knowledgeable about air duct cleaning in the early stages is very important so you can prevent a disaster.
Call SERVPRO today to get a estimate or to schedule 410-749-2221
Sump Pump Failure
Sump Pump Failure
A ‘sump pump’ is ‘a pump used to remove water that has accumulated in a water collecting sump basin, commonly found in the basement of homes’. For the most part, sump pumps are relatively ‘unnecessary’, but when an emergency arises, you’ll be grateful you had it. A sump pump can easily avoid the crisis of having a flooded basement by draining all excess water back outside. However, when it fails, it’ll cost you a basement and thousands of dollars in water damage.
How does a sump pump fail?
It’s Installed Incorrectly
Instructions administered by the manufacturer must be followed diligently in order for the sump pump to be installed properly. Another issue is the size of the sump pump; while a small one can work just as fine as its larger counterpart, you must install the right size in order for it to function properly.
There Was A Power Failure
This is the most common cause of a sump pump’s failure, which renders this devise useless. A backup generator is always a good investment to make.
Problems With The Switch
This is the most common mechanical problem: a stuck switch. Debris can jam it and render it useless, or the pump can shift and the float can get stuck. A little cleaning and some adjustments to the sump pump’s position can go a long way to prevent this.
The Discharge Lines Are Frozen Or Clogged
Debris can clog the discharge lines, cause flood water to retreat back into the basement (to prevent this, be sure to install a grate at the opening of your pipe, preventing debris and even small animals from entering).
Prevention of frozen pipes is practically impossible. However, you can install an additional discharge line that continues to perform the original discharge line’s purpose when it is ineffective.
Sump pumps can be worn down over time and cease to work after 7-10 years of use. It’s best to replace your sump pump every ten years.
There Is No Air Relief Hole in Discharge Line
Gravel or Dirt?
Gravel and dirt can interfere with your pump’s switch and float arm. If you are unsure about your pump’s installation, contact a professional.
Lack of Maintenance
Clean your sump pump occasionally to make sure that it’s operational.
You Might Have A Defective Product
It’s rare, but you could have had a defective sump pump. It’s best to test it upon installation to be assured that there are no defects.
Call us for help: SERVPRO of Talbot/Dorchester
SERVPRO of Talbot/Dorchester specializes in commercial clean ups. There's never a convenient time for fire or water damage to strike your Queen Anne County, commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services:
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
- Commercial Clean Up
Cleaning and restoring commercial properties require a unique blend of training, experience, and equipment. SERVPRO of Talbot/Dorchester has the resources and expertise to give you excellent results while minimizing the disruption to your clients. We can help make it “Like it never even happened.”
- Small Office Buildings
- Large Office/High-Rise Office Buildings
- Apartment Buildings
- Small Retail Stores
- Large Retail/Big-Box Stores
- High-Rise Residential
- Manufacturing & Industrial
If You Have Questions or Need Help, Please Call Us At - (410)822-6442
Faster to Any Size Disaster
SERVPRO of Talbot/Dorchester services Residential and Commercial properties. We are an Emergency Service company that is open 24/7 that's ready to do any remediation or cleaning for your property.
We consider ourselves Professionals because
- Provide 24/7 Emergency Services
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- We have trusted Production Managers and Crew Chiefs to lead the way
- Highly Trained Water Restoration Specialists
- Preferred Vendor for many local Insurance Companies
We are here to assist you in any needs or questions you may have 24/7. Please call today!
IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Talbot/Dorchester is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Talbot/Dorchester
SERVPRO of Talbot/Dorchester specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
- AQA - Indoor Air Quality Association Microbial Remediator
- RRT - Carpet Repair & Reinstallation Technician
- AMRT - Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
- OSHA - 10-hour General and/or Construction Industry Training Program
- SRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- HST - Health and safety Technician
- MWR - Master Water Restorer
- MTC - Master Textile Cleaner
- IICRC Certified Firm
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- OCT - Odor Control Technician
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
- CRT - Color Repair Technician
- Residential HVAC Cleaning
- UFT - Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
- CCT - Carpet Cleaning Technician
- ECTP - Employee Certification Training Program
- OSHA - 30-hour General and/or Construction Industry Training Program
What to do for water emergencies
SERVPRO of Talbot/Dorchester is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - 410-822-6442
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Talbot/Dorchester has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Talbot/Dorchester
SERVPRO of Talbot/Dorchester specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.