Recent Water Damage Posts
IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Talbot/Dorchester is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Talbot/Dorchester
SERVPRO of Talbot/Dorchester specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
- AQA - Indoor Air Quality Association Microbial Remediator
- RRT - Carpet Repair & Reinstallation Technician
- AMRT - Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
- OSHA - 10-hour General and/or Construction Industry Training Program
- SRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- HST - Health and safety Technician
- MWR - Master Water Restorer
- MTC - Master Textile Cleaner
- IICRC Certified Firm
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- OCT - Odor Control Technician
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
- CRT - Color Repair Technician
- Residential HVAC Cleaning
- UFT - Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
- CCT - Carpet Cleaning Technician
- ECTP - Employee Certification Training Program
- OSHA - 30-hour General and/or Construction Industry Training Program
Flooded Basement in Talbot / Dorchester County
This flooded basement was quite large but our crews were able to quickly remove the water to begin drying.
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your Talbot basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
The flooding in this Talbot home was caused by heavy rain runoff. Talbot had received over several inches of rain that week and it overwhelmed the system.
We were onsite within an hour, to inspect the damage and to begin the water extraction process. In less than four days we had basement dry. We use advanced inspection and monitoring equipment to determine you’re your home’s structure is actually dry.
If water damage is not handled quickly and properly, it can cause severe damage to your home’s structure not to mention the potential harmful health effects of mold. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- We have advanced inspection and extraction equipment
Have Questions? Call Us Today – We’re Here To Help - 410-822-6442
Talbot and Dorchester County 24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
SERVPRO of Talbot/Dorchester is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - 410-822-6442
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Talbot/Dorchester has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Talbot/Dorchester
SERVPRO of Talbot/Dorchester specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Prevent Water Damages
Some helpful tips for preventing water damage to your home may include checking your laundry water hoses for dry rot as well as checking appliance fittings for wear and tear.